- First gathering in a long time (since August 2004)!
- First time the coordinator forgot to put up signs directing people to the meeting room (at least in recent memory; my apologies to anyone who had trouble finding it).
- First live participation from overseas: Yasuyo stayed up late in Toronto, Canada, and joined the new cohort by exchanging direct messages with everyone on site. Thanks, Yasuyo - Your fingers must be tired! For some of the participants this was a first go at instant messaging (IM), in English at least, and online interviewing. Comments, please, on what you thought about IM.
- First go at wikis for most, if not all participants: Everyone got to see how wikis work, and almost everyone got some hands on. One participant who hadn't actually contributed to a wiki in session decided to make doing so one of her project goals.
- First team of guest presenters: Thanks, Rick & Joe, for sharing your insights and ideas for using wikis, and pointing out all those spaces ready to use (podcast presentation available at iTunes Store - requires free iTunes software, first). I won't wait five years to put them to use!
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Long time, no meet!
Today's Language Teacher Development Project gathering was jam-packed with firsts.
Welcome to pab's potpourri!
This is an experimental, informal blog for learning about blogging, blog development, and blog-related professional development activities.