Thursday, September 03, 2009

Removing mail from servers

Now that I've switched to LDAP mail services for most of my accounts (three of five), to enable synchronization across multiple machines, in various venues, I have run into problems where message that I'm sure I sorted, replied to, or deleted, show up again as unread messages. That is, mainly in alternate users areas (Restorers) in which I hardly ever open mail.


In Mac Mail, I used to delete trashed messages permanently from mail servers after a month, just in case I mishandled some, and didn't discover the errors in my ways till more than a week afterwards. I'm resetting preferences to delete them after one week, and may switch to after one day, or to when quitting mail, if necessary.

1 comment:

  1. I've switched to one week old deletions of Junk mail, too, and applied the same Junk mail and trash deletion preferences to the two remaining POP mail accounts as well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to pab's potpourri!

This is an experimental, informal blog for learning about blogging, blog development, and blog-related professional development activities.

pab's potpourri

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Local time is:

(JST)