Without delving into the nitty-gritty of many actual sites, I've been tracking and listing up most of the tools and types of sites that I've used over the past week, since deciding to do so while writing Tools I use (2008.08.27). I've taken cross-sections of what's up and running on machines at work or home just after lunchtime, in the middle of an academic recess.
The spreadsheet below represents my current findings. It also enables me to continue working in details without necessarily having to tweak or follow up on this post. Such details may include:
- Future sampling periods, possibly:
- during academic sessions, and
- including computer laboratory applications;
- Other (unexploited) possibilities in my tool chests; and
- What's free or open source software.